Monday, September 21, 2009

I Need A Gameplan

Many of my friends and co-workers have blogs. It seems like the thing to do. I started mine on a whim and really had no clear plan on why I was doing it, or the topic of my blog. As with most things I've attempted in life, winging it seemed like the best idea.
     I know lots of writers, real writers, people who actually make a living and pay their bills with the money they earn putting words to paper. I admire them a great deal for their dedication and love of the craft. Some people who know me would call me a writer, albeit a mostly unpublished writer. The sum of money I've made as a writer totals a grand forty dollars. Apparently, I'm a mostly unmotivated writer.
     So the gameplan right now is to sit down at my laptop every day, be it morning or night, and get something down on this blog. It doesn't even matter if nobody reads it. This is for me, my very own personal, daily writing exercise. Maybe something brilliant will come out of this, maybe not.
     Maybe it will simply make me happy.
    

2 comments:

  1. Tamara ~ Love your blog! You rock. I especially relate to this entry because I started my 'gameplan' about 4 months ago. I finished my first attempt at a book for children. Then decided I really want a repertoire before I venture out in search of a publisher. My 'gameplan' involves putting together some sort of aresenal. The down side is I'm low on ammo, but the upside is I have a 'gameplan'. So I'm writing more and will just see where it goes.

    Keep this up. You're amazing. I love your style and humor and take on life. And happy 50th btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevah! OMG...I think I should hire Elizabeth as my promoter!
    Just keep going with your book...If anyone can get an actual book in the hands of a publisher,it's you!
    Right now, I have a love/hate affair with the concept of writing. I quit a writing group, a wonderful group of very talented people, because I felt like I was wasting everyone's time, mine included. This blog is my attempt to just get something written on a regular basis and get my thoughts organized.
    (Of course, there are also several short stories and an essay I should be revising...)

    ReplyDelete