Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Week, Another Chance For An Aneurysm-Inducing Headache

I managed to avoid anything and everything sports or health related this weekend. No March Madness for me. No updates on healthcare. I avoided t.v and radio news reports like painful rectal itch, and instead enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather.
College basketball really doesn't interest me, too loud and confusing...all those brackets. I don't get it.
The health debate, who knows? I'm from the mindset that no matter who is in office, I'll always get screwed. As long as I keep my expectations low, I'm never disappointed. It's the strife from both sides regarding healthcare that gives me a headache and makes my stomach churn. I have friends both liberal and conservative and I simply will not get tangled up in a debate with them. I change the subject or leave the room. Not gonna do it, sorry.
The only thing I'll say about politics is that it's a land that I don't understand. So much self-interest, so much hot air blowing to the left and right.
I have always, always, always taken care of myself. I've had a job since the age of fourteen, and I've been voting since the age of eighteen. Not once, in all of my voting years, can I honestly say there has been one candidate who has inspired me to be a better human being. I have been my only motivator. When I lost a long-term job several years ago, I took a retail position to keep myself busy and started doing some freelance writing. It took about a year, but I finally landed a job, a "real" job, in the career I loved, and still do.
But I'm getting off track. I don't want this to turn political. There's enough division not only in my life, but among my friends and family, and across the United States, and the world, and who knows...perhaps the galaxy!
Right now I'm tired of hearing from tea baggers, tree huggers, whatever. Right now, a tiny island where I can catch a break from the human race sounds fantastic.
But in this country I still believe, no matter our political leanings (or lack thereof, in my case), there are issues  we all agree on, that pull us together as a people.
My deepest thanks to John Edwards, Rielle Hunter, Tiger Woods, and Jesse James(Mr. Sandra Bullock).

No comments:

Post a Comment