Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Hard Can It Be, Really?

I've lived in the Baltimore area since 1987. In twenty-three years, I've been trying to make it to the annual Philadelphia flower show. Hopefully, this is the weekend I finally attend.
I'm not far at all from Philly, less than two hours. It's a pretty easy drive up I-95, even more enjoyable by train.
And yet, each and every year, despite my best efforts, I've yet to see one petal at what is hailed as perhaps one of the best floral extravaganas in the United States.
Seriously...how hard is it really to plan a stupid day trip.
This weekend, my daughter heads to the beach with friends(a trip that took her all of ten minutes to plan,by the way)and the other adult unit in the household likes to be left to his own devices, so I really have no excuses.
This has been a truly brutal winter and a few hours lost in the bliss of flowers should provide me with some hope of the upcoming spring.
Wish me luck. Now all I have to do is decide whether to go by car or train.

No comments:

Post a Comment