Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Pookie-Boo!

Sixteen years ago today, my one and only daughter came into the world. Seven pounds, one and three-quarter ounces, nineteen inches long. Now she's as tall as me and proudly sports her new driver's learning permit to anyone who would like to see it!

Over the years, she has answered to a variety of nicknames imposed by various family members; Baboo, Pookie-Bear, Pookie...and of course as she segued into those oh so fun teen years, Teenzilla.

She is my biggest love, and she is my biggest challenge at times.

She was my unexpected surprise and proves to me every day that motherhood is tougher than any "real" job I've ever had.

So happy birthday, my Pookie-Bear. I'll have to come up with a new nickname for your 50th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this - I have three boys (17, 19 and 21) and they are ALL taller than me and I'm not short!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Three sons and so close in age. You sure had your hands full, but I bet it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete