Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mother Nature...You Hormonal Bitch, You.

Dear Mother Nature,

Seriously...enough is enough. I have no idea what you're problem has been this past week...but c'mon, another freaking snow storm for the Mid-Atlantic??? Currently, close to two feet of snow covers most of Baltimore and the state of Maryland, and now you plan to shower us with another eight to 16 inches!? Our snow plow contingency is already overwhelmed and incapable of clearing a good majority of the smaller residential streets and byways. We have been told by state highway officials to not even think about driving today because there are blizzard and whiteout conditions!

It's a huge, whalloping mess and frankly, we have had enough, thank you! Once loving couples have been trapped in their homes for close to a week. Marriages are breaking up, parents are bound to be taking out their frustrations on their children. A friend emailed me to say that she's not sure how much longer she can take her five year old daughter playing We Shall Overcome on the recorder (by the way, not sure who it was who devised that annoying little flutelike instrument, but they should be shot and killed).
The only good thing to come out of this whole mess is that my wonderful boss has put all of us up in a nearby hotel so we can get to work. I have an entire king sized bed to myself, and as long as the hotel bar doesn't run out of booze, I will persevere!
So in closing, Mother Nature, I'm praying this is the end of the snow. You won't hear from me again until I'm roasting my ass off in a few months during one of your classic Maryland summers. Right now, highs in the 90's and 98 percent humidity is sounding pretty darned good!

XOXOXO
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment