Friday, February 5, 2010

SNOWMAGEDDON! Should Be A Winter Monsterland!

If you're someplace warm this weekend, like Arizona or Florida, I salute you and hope you think of those us stuck in the Mid-Atlantic area. We are gearing up for the Snowstorm of the century...at least if all the hype from the weather experts proves to be true!
We're supposed to get anywhere from twelve to twenty inches!
I can't speak for all Mid-Atlantic states, but here in Maryland, especially the Baltimore area, massive snowfall equals freaked out human beings. We don't typically get alot of snow but when we do...panic ensues. Grocery stores run out of bread, milk, and toilet paper...and just about any other item that isn't nailed to the shelves!
Yesterday after work, I hit the Safeway in my neighborhood and while I only wanted to buy something for dinner that night, I got caught up in the lemming mentality and started filling up my cart like a crazy woman.
Should I be trapped inside my house this weekend, I will find comfort in my variety of frozen pizzas, Girl Scout Thin Mint and Tagalong ice cream, pork shoulder (for a steaming pot of pulled pork!), mac and cheese, slice and bake cookies in the chocolate chip and peanut butter varieties, and a huge box of candy in a valentine shaped box (it was on sale, so sue me).
Yes, it's going to be a comfort food weekend while the blizzard wreaks its havoc!

I live in the city which brings about a whole new set of issues when more than a couple of inches of snow falls. Parking a vehicle, for example. I'm lucky because I have a garage to park my car, but some of my neighbors have to park on the street. It gets very, very territorial...and sometimes, very ugly. Baltimorons have a truly unique way of securing their parking spots...they use lawn chairs. God help the unknowing person who dares to move a chair and steal the spot.

So Godspeed if you too will become a member of the Great Snowstorm of 2010. And if you happen to be basking in the beautiful sunshine, plopped down next to a pool or ocean with a cocktail in hand...I hate you.
(just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment