Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I think It's Getting Clearer...

When I started this blog my intention was to dwell on what it is that makes me happy. This endeavor, I've discovered, is not always immediately evident. It's a process and as it unfolds, I'm learning what it is that makes others happy. Or unhappy. Let's face it, some people simply choose to be miserable. It's what keeps them going.They love to wear their unhappiness like a gold medal and hope it rubs off on those around them. But I've decided those particular vultures won't drag me down.
But as I keep posting on a regular basis (not nearly as often as I'd planned) I realize that there needs to be some point to why I keep blogging. Obviously, it's not to entertain the huge mass of humanity that has glommed onto my posts!
So...
Here's what I've decided. Starting with the new year, it's time to embark on new adventures. At the age of fifty, it's time to dive headfirst into activities that normally scare the heck out of me or at the very least, make me very, very uncomfortable.
On December 15th, I will audition for a speaking part in a local stage production. I've been in the media for years, but have never attempted anything like this. I'm going into the whole thing with no expectations whatsoever. At best, they'll  like me and give me a part, and at worst, it will be a great learning experience.
What comes afterwards is up for debate...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you both for your comments! Sometimes, one has to wonder if anyone is actually out there!
    A casting extra?? Now that sounds interesting...something I'll have to investigate!

    ReplyDelete