Friday, December 11, 2009

To Sleep Perchance To Dream

Shakespeare was so dead-on correct with this line. Granted, the Bard of Avon was caught up in the whole Hamlet mess when he penned it more than four hundred years ago, but the gist of it is, I like to believe, that if you don't get enough sleep, for whatever reason, you won't be playing at the top of your game.
At least I don't have to deal with ghosts. But a decent night's sleep sometime in the next few days would be fantastic.
For the past month or so, I've been averaging about five hours of sleep a night...and it's taking it's toll. In theory, eight hours of sleep doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to achieve. If you're managing to accomplish this each night, I applaud you. Could you please tell me how you do it?
I'm guessing you probably have a bedroom with an actual door attached. As far as sleep issues go, this would be my biggest deficit. I'm no longer sleeping in what was my bedroom. Apparently I snore, so I've been banished to my third floor loft. I'm not quite sure how or why it was decided that I would be the one to vacate the premises, but the place where I now lay me down to sleep every night is a twin size daybed.
The funny thing is, the person who accuses me of snoring can also hit some impressive decibel levels during the overnight hours. His snoring has been known to waft up three flights of stairs.
But he's only keeping me awake at night, and that's the important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment