Sunday, November 1, 2009

Falling Back

Set the clock back before I went to sleep last night, just like I was supposed to do. Managed to get in a full eight hours of sleep, so why do I feel like someone poured cement in my head overnight?

Not one kid showed up at my door for Halloween. This morning, my co-workers are enjoying the two bags of leftover treats...I'm down sixteen pounds, so there was no way they were staying in my house!

We used to have children show up on our street for Halloween's past. The four youngsters who live on our block, my daughter included, are now teenagers and doing their own thing for Halloween festivities. We have several new, young couples who have moved in the past few years, and I suppose it would be rude of me to suggest to them to start procreating so I can enjoy handing out candy again!

Halloween night, in my neighborhood is mainly geared to adults, anyway. It's an old historic part of town, too many bars shoved into a matter of a few blocks. Last night, some friends asked me to join them on the parade of the drunken idiots. Thanks, but no thanks. I am so done with that. No interest in dressing up anymore. Just give me some cute little ones in costume.
I spent the evening trying to drown out the hooting and hollering on the streets below my house, and settled back with a great book about a vampire hunt; The Historian.
All in all, not a bad way to spend a wet, gloomy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment