Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Notes From Slothville

I've been out of commission for the past several days. Sick kid. Lack of sleep. Ennui.
The child is back at school and feeling much better. It was only a bad head cold and sore throat, no fever, thank goodness, which put all of my Swine flu fears to rest. At some point, I'm guessing production on the vaccine will increase and we can all get protected, if we so choose.
For now, I will keep spewing the up side of obsessive hand-washing.

But I'm not going to beat myself up over the lack of ambition, the desire to simply sit back and be a sloth in human form. I liked it.
An entire weekend was wasted on the couch with the latest dvd's and a new book. Nope, I'm not even going to feel a little bit guilty.
As a refreshing change from staying up too late, I actually made it into bed last night at 8p.m and managed a full eight hours of sleep (a dose of Nyquil was a huge help). Still, I cringed when the alarm went off at four a.m.
Money used to motivate me at work. Now the thought of a nap is what gets me through the workday.
As my dear friend, M, would say: "You do like your naps, don't you?"
Yes, M, I do. And it's nice to know my couch is waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment