Saturday, October 10, 2009

I went shopping today in search of a black turtleneck sweater. Sounds simple enough, right? This Fall, however, is apparently not the season for turtleneck sweaters. Huge cowl necks, button ups, scoop necks, v-necks, but nary a turtleneck to be found. I finally settled on a simple cable knit, the scoop neck variety. I can always spiff it up with a scarf around my neck.
But I'm getting off track. The real reason for my post tonight is to vent on a very disturbing fashion trend from the past that seems to be making a comeback...stirrup pants.
I was in a fairly hip boutique this afternoon and there they were, on a rack all to themselves, in black, no less. For a minute I was confused, my head felt dizzy as if in the throes of a vertigo attack. I had a strange flashback from somewhere in the 80's. But then I thought, this can't be right, it's 2009, who would be dumb enough to try and resurrect a style of pants that actually made mom jeans look hip?
This continued to bother me on my drive home so I decided to do some online investigating. Ladies, I'm terrified to say that my discovery today is not an isolated incident. I found pair after pair, after pair, available online. Neiman Marcus even offered a top line designer pair for $895.00! Okay, I'll concede that the size 0 model wearing them certainly helped...but they're still freaking ugly pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment